Are you looking to integrate Mailchimp email subscription within your Magento powered store? If yes then you are at right place. There is a sudden rise in Magento stores but some store owners are disappointed with Magento’s default email subscription and newsletter handling capabilities. Basically they face the following problems:
- They can not send the newsletter right away because their local time is not the same as of server time. Eventually, their newsletter campaign will be sent few hours later than the intended time. Although, this can be adjusted with a little tweak.
- They can not send large number of emails in one go. Magento limits how many emails should be sent at once.
- Managing CRON is a pain.
Most of the problems i have mentioned above can easily be managed by installing our Magento’s email subscription extension. Many customers are adding third party email subscriptions i.e. Mailchimp, Feedburner,Nurture etc. to manage their email lists and send out mass email newsletters or promotional emails. I will cover how to integrate feedburner email subscription & how to add nurture emails subscriptions later. In this article i will cover how to integrate Mailchimp email subscription within your Magento powered store and how to create html newsletter in Mailchimp.
Adding Mailchimp Email Subscription Form In Your Magento Store
There are two ways to integrate Magento email subscription into your store:
- Install existing extensions e.g. Advanced Newsletter (aheadworks), MailChimp Synchronization (ebizmarts) or E-Commerce 360 (mailchimp).
- Manual Install
You can read the installation instructions of the above extension from their Magento connect list but if you looking to install Mailchimp newsletter manually then read on.
- Log on to your Mailchimp account.
- Click on “Lists” tab. You will be shown a list of all available Newsletter (If not please create one for your particular store).
- On your list there is a link called settings, just click on that.
- Click on the secondary tab called “for your website”
- Now, let’s click on “Signup Form Embed Code” link.
- It will open up your Signup form designer with options like “Design Form Structure”, “Form Colors” & “Form Enhancements”. Modify the form and once all done click on “Create Embed code”. Copy the embed code from the text area at the left.
- Your Mailchimp signup code is ready, simply add this code to your Magento store and replace the existing signup code. You can change the code by editing app/design/frontend/default/theme/template/newsletter/subscribe.phtml You may have to make the necessary CSS adjustments for look and feel.
- All done.
Now, as you have replaced the default Magento Email subscription with Mailchimp email subscription. Next step is to draft a nice looking email newsletter template. Please watch Mailchimp videos and setup a newsletter design.
Please leave me a comment and let me know if you face any problems installing Mailchimp Signup Embed form in your Magento store. Don’t forget to subscribe our RSS to receive latest updates.